This site is managed by the City of Wolverhampton Council and its partner organisations.
Full privacy notice
Data Protection Act 1998
We (the City of Wolverhampton Council) will not collect information about you that we do not need and we will ensure that the personal data (information about living individuals) we collect is updated to our systems in a timely and accurate manner.
The City of Wolverhampton Council is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy and cookie statement.
City of Wolverhampton Council may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should occasionally check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes
This policy is effective from 24 May 2012 and has been updated in accordance with the new EU Cookie Legislation..
You can read more about how we collect, store and use your personal information in the Wolverhampton City Council Full Privacy Notice [33kb].
Telling us about changes to your personal information
You have the right to have inaccurate/outdated information amended, deleted or destroyed. If any of your details change please tell us by emailing email@example.com
How to access your information
We will be as open as possible with you about the personal information we hold about you, and if something is wrong we want to work with you to put it right.
Finding out about the personal information we hold about you
You can ask us whether we are keeping personal information about you by using the details at the bottom of this page.
Online privacy notice
The City of Wolverhampton Council is committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The City of Wolverhampton Council currently uses Google Analytics to monitor traffic to and around our website. This helps us to provide the best possible user experience and encourages customers to use more cost-effective channels for accessing information on City of Wolverhampton Council services. Analytics also help us to identify if our digital channels are offering value for money.
How we audited these cookies
- Clear all existing cookies from the browser.
- Browse through navigation and pages within the website.
- Revisit the cookies tab in the browser to discover cookies that are used on the site.
- Use definitions of cookies provided by the analytics supplier.
Google Analytics uses the following cookies on our website:
- pref: This cookie expires after 2 years and is considered as minimally intrusive. It is used to remember your language preferences if you choose to translate any pages. If you block this cookie - the language will default to English and the site will work normally. However, if you want to use the translate feature on more than one page at a time - you will need to enable the cookie.
- __utma: This cookie expires after 2 years and is considered as minimally intrusive. Each unique browser that visits a page on the site is provided with a unique ID via the __utma cookie. In this way, subsequent visits to the website via the same browser are recorded as belonging to the same (unique) visitor. Thus, if a person interacted with the website using different browsers, the Analytics reports would track this activity under two unique visitors. Similarly if the same browser were used by two different visitors, but with a separate computer account for each, the activity would be recorded under two unique visitor IDs. On the other hand, if the browser happens to be used by two different people sharing the same computer account, one unique visitor ID is recorded, even though two unique individuals accessed the site.
- __utmb expires after 30 minutes and __utmc expires at the end of your session: These cookies are considered as minimally intrusive. Google Analytics uses these two cookies to establish a session. If either of these two cookies is absent, further activity by the user initiates the start of a new session.
- _utmz: This cookie expires after 6 months and is considered as minimally intrusive. When visitors reach the site via a search engine result, a direct link, or an ad that links to the page, Google Analytics stores the type of referral information in a cookie. The parameters in the cookie value string are parsed and sent in the GIF Request (in the utmcc variable). The expiration date for the cookie is set as 6 months into the future. This cookie gets updated with each subsequent page view to the site; thus it is used to determine visitor navigation within the site.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you in the manner and for the purposes set out in this information.
*Minimally intrusive - limited to first party websites with a low level of intrusiveness and risk of harm to individuals.
How will we keep our cookies policy up to date
The City of Wolverhampton Council will aim to review what cookies are used on our site every 6 months. We will conduct the same audit process as outlined above and update this policy accordingly.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01902 554498
City of Wolverhampton Council
Customer Relations Team
Office of the Chief Executive
St. Peter's Square
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, at the above points. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.